What are values? While discussing it with Swagata, I referred an example from my experience. I forgot that later, but she reminded me recently. Before I forget it again, I should pen it down.
It was probably May 9th, 2015. I was in Bangalore to invigilate BAT exam of TISS. While going to Forum mall with my friend, we were trapped in traffic. One small boy was selling pens of ten rupees each. Seemingly he was not more than ten. Generally, I don't encourage begging except very elderly people. He was not begging, but I don't encourage child labor too. But that day I wanted to help him. He was selling pens which were long one time pens, which are generally difficult to carry and use. I gave him ten rupees and was not willing to take the pen. But he insisted and insisted so hard that it was anticipated that without handing over the pen he will not leave. And he took out the note to return. Simple right? But not simple. My kudos to him and the people who taught him this self-dignity. A small incident, but learning for the lifetime. The pen is with me. Love you my boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment